I love using Due Today but the one and only thing I really really really (really) wish it had was a way to setup Preset values for Length.
I think ToodleDo stores the Length value as minutes by default...
So - it'd be good if Due Today would do the following:
- Come with a default set of "Length" presets (in minutes) - something like: 5, 15, 30, "1 Hr" (internally stored as 60), "1.5 Hrs" (90), "2 Hrs" (120), "3 Hrs", "4 Hrs" with the understanding that:
- these should be chosen as "worst case" guesstimated length of time for the task
- a single task over 4 hours should most likely be broken down further
- getting rid of the SHORT length tasks early is very productive (and encouraging)
- Allow the user to configure/customize these "Length" presets
- Allow the user, when entering/editing "Length" of a Task, to just pick it with (maybe a scroll and) ONE button press
The current method of entering/editing the Task Length field is WAY too tedious that I just don't use it....
Obviously - also the ability to set Length as one Sort criteria (so we can quickly find and finish off the shortest tasks first/early) - and in the Task list, have some kind of indication (color or icon?) to quickly see which ones within a group (I group by Context) should be completed first/quickly...
Thanks for listening :-)