253 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

So, this is mainly for those who used WisBar Advance Desktop in the Windows Mobile days, but anyone can chime in.

In WAD there was the idea of a design mode where you could make all of the changes to your theme. You could then leave design mode and use your theme without accidentally making any changes.

In Android, most everything on your launcher happens when you tap and hold, thus preventing accidental changes as it's not often that you tap and hold on anything unless you intend to change it.

My current thoughts on this are to include the design mode where you can make any changes to your interface that you want. Then, when you're not in design mode, you can still tap and hold on the grids to add or remove items (my current plan is to allow standard shortcuts, app widgets, etc. in the grids, which you can place and size any way you want). But the main interface stays put. This could possibly allow for additional actions on the tap and hold action.

Alternatively, I could make it more like every other Android launcher with no design mode, allowing you to change the interface at whim.

If anyone has any opinions on either approach (or if you have a different idea altogether) I would love to hear from you.

#2 Aricwithana

Aricwithana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

At the moment I use Lightning Launcher. I prefer the Design Mode personally. For stock like android I really don't see most users wanting or needing a Design Mode but other, more complex themes might make use of it. Maybe you can make it an option of the app or the theme for the user or designer to decide to turn on or not

#3 Nicaragüense

Nicaragüense

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

I think design mode is appealing to the heavy tinkerers. On sslauncher it is just a option to lock the screen items. I think what you mention is a good idea. In essence it would be a basic mode, then a full design mode. Basic mode being bound by the usual grid people have come to expect, and the other being a much more versatile shell. That would appeal to both ends of the spectrum and provide a useable simple layout while the user learns to mod it. Big importance is ease of use and putting down widgets/icons in either mode

#4 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Well, the grids in WisBar will be more like what you're used to with common Android launchers. Specifically, you can drag and drop items from the drawer to them, add widgets, shortcuts, etc. The design mode would be the mode where you would place those grids, set their sizes, etc. There's a reasoning behind this that I don't want to reveal just yet (it's not something the other launchers can do right now).

So, in this case the design mode would be locking down the additional elements and activating the long-press capabilities of the grids. That's where I am currently considering going towards. But, knowing whether or not this feature is useful is what I was wondering.

As for appealing to both ends of the spectrum, what I'm thinking there is that WAD will support the basic launcher styles (basically, a full page grid with a single dock), but this would only be a theme.

Upon further reflection, the design mode would definitely be something that needs to be implemented.

#5 Nicaragüense

Nicaragüense

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

I feel like a jerk cuz I keep mentioning other launchers as my examples. Sweeterhome, which is not on the market, has a system that lets you define areas that will be scrollable or allow widgets and such. Those can all be triggered to hide/show by other actions. Very flexible but still not quite there. It does not allow a easy way of adding a widget. One must first add a area to designate a widget will go there, then choose the widget to add. It has no persistent docks like wad did, which is a big minus. The grid on that launcher was large, but not like sslauncher which has a great grid system. The grid allows fine tuning by a couple of pixels at a time it seems, and it has marker lines too that appear as you align with other elements or icons. It is quite slick. But again they have no way of having a persistent dock over multiple pages..

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

#6 Massamino

Massamino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

The designmode is usefull. Now with every other launcher, I accidently do stuff :).
Can't wait for this launcher. If it is anything like WAD, it will be great.

Can't wait to start testdriving this.

Also usefull will be to set widths and positions in number, not only touch. I use ADW Launcher atm and there you can resize the gridlayout as well. Only problem is it's only touch. So somethimes you have this 1 pixel gap you cant get rid of.
- Sony Xperia Z1 (JB)
- Google Nexus 4 (JB)
- Sony Xperia Z (JB)
- Asus Transformer Infinity (JB)
- Apple Iphone 4S (IOS)
- HTC Sensation (JB)
- HTC HD 2 (JB)
- Sony Xperia X1 (JB)
- HTC Diamond (Windows Mobile)
- HP HX 4700 (Windows Mobile)
- Nokia N 91 (Symbian)
- Nokia 3650 (Symbian)
- Nokia 7110 (Symbian)
- Nokia 6110 (Symbian)
- Sony ? (?)

#7 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

I'm working on that. In WAD you had to type in the width and height of everything that supported that feature. I'm working on a different solution now.

#8 dancer_69

dancer_69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

I'm with the design mode too.
About the size/resizing of items, sslauncher has both edittexts for presizing width and weight and sliders. I find slider a quick way of resizing but is difficult to be accurate. I would suggest a list, or some buttons with values(eg 10, 50, 100 ...) to get the a close number to desirable width/height and also an edittext with up/down(increase/decrease) arrows(buttons), for adjusting the size.

desing

#9 LeSScro

LeSScro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

Design mode is an important part of Wisbar... his style, signature and for very end Designer, "the" tool !!!
Then i think Yes...

Posted Image

#10 Massamino

Massamino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

It could be like you see more these days

- <valuefield> +

but with more extra buttons you could make something like

- <valuefield> +
-100 -10 -5 +5 +10 +100
- Sony Xperia Z1 (JB)
- Google Nexus 4 (JB)
- Sony Xperia Z (JB)
- Asus Transformer Infinity (JB)
- Apple Iphone 4S (IOS)
- HTC Sensation (JB)
- HTC HD 2 (JB)
- Sony Xperia X1 (JB)
- HTC Diamond (Windows Mobile)
- HP HX 4700 (Windows Mobile)
- Nokia N 91 (Symbian)
- Nokia 3650 (Symbian)
- Nokia 7110 (Symbian)
- Nokia 6110 (Symbian)
- Sony ? (?)

#11 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 07:38 AM

Bitr83ReprReprMichViolAgatComoFranJohnOracDekoCityThinTimeReitEdgaRajnSaloMariBavaXVIIJackValiTesc
RondTopbLuxeEyecReneHugoFranYorkDashCanaDubiPlanPacoNeutWellPantHeadAccaUptoSyosIchiSonyEchoKundFunk
LineSalsEllaMicrStefGUESEricSideDoorMikeJuliNikishinVladAngeSaloSergHerbYellLaurWhilMartSandChritech
MMIVZoneOrsoMichLAPIWongProslunaZonetopaZoneSupeMiyoZoneZonePUREZoneRobeSlimdiamEspeXVIIPatrIrenThom
WolfMPEGHenrDaiwThisHeinModeJohnRespLarsYmcaKarlErleRafaSonyWernBertVillCitiMebeGardKronSCARBrunToyo
heroSaraBradNeriPlayBullFirsAVTOBlueWindChoeBestimagValiBeadNDFEBlanYvesLEGOBakuJewewwwdTefaServDeLo
AndrPlayPediCharXIIIArisSofiDireLudwBeteXenuAescAmerHerbLawrXVIILaurXIIIEmilNelsLettBrunCostRuheLiya
VideBackHaraCrazEleaWorlTherJonaPrivWindFionJennLynnJameBeatAerowwwrGoinTolaJohnMichNokiJereDrWeRoal
WindKareBarbJackWindCitiCitiCitiFirsBlueTighMaryLoveAnkeThisFromBernJeweXVIIMaintuchkasChriMean

#12 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 07:15 AM

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiametergeartreatinggeneralizedanalysis
generalprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephonehangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasiron
hardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterialjournallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidisease
keepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestatekondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpoint
lactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratiolanguagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirm
learningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3listsnameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoon
obstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberrypapercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimator
railwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignmentrectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblock
secularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysalestunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

#13 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 01 February 2022 - 02:18 PM

Amad327.4CHAPCHAPRiseKennEricFeuiVadiNeveErikStenJarmTescTescTescAtlaTefaClasTravZoneFOTOMonkTescTesc
ErleJackBrunIrviShinSpenFailGillSentPimpMomuSapiMennLeviFreeKorrAustMitaTescOreaRecoArthDreaMeinVace
GeorLineChilNikiEtheMasaStepMODOLastFallRachmattElegSwissizeSelaPrahCamiDimaSymbDaviBracELEGRoxyVent
CircMiyoBugaAdioZoneZoneSelaXVIIDiviZoneSwarJessMargXVIIMasaZoneGeorJoseZonePierZonediamZoneChetZone
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZonediamMileZoneZoneZoneXVIIGoldSiRFPresStieTekaKronAmarPric
ToloShemElisDriiBOEGWoodAbovIncaAVTOPEUGPhoeAmazAcidFratValiFaltBlanIsraTrumPhotWindwwwnWindCeesUnit
PhilClorChoiManuMagaGoodWindHearRebeAlanGeslPrayNeveMartAcadMorcJameAcadAntoJohnMikeFranGordXVIIInge
ModeMoreLatiAllaRichIsabRaisTracDockStevNeleEmanRolfKatetimeWillFiftJameJonaEvanEmpiVikrKornKillPlan
ExpePONSKeunJohnWillSiRFSiRFSiRFEmilFromanimWillColowwwnNighOZONNimrNasdMariXVIItuchkasChezAnit

#14 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 08:22 AM

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiametergeartreatinggeneralizedanalysis
generalprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephonehangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasiron
hardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterialjournallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidisease
keepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestatekondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpoint
lactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratiolanguagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirm
learningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3listsnameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoon
obstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberrypapercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimator
railwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignmentrectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodity????screwingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblock
secularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysalestunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

#15 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 08 March 2022 - 09:30 PM

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????tuchkas????????

#16 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 14 May 2022 - 11:18 AM

XVII

#17 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members