• Please log in to reply
1148 replies to this topic

#1 halfbeing

halfbeing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:45 AM

I installed the trial of the Windows app yesterday and since then I have been experiencing very frequent freezes. I haven't kept a count, but I would say it happens at least for every 20 minutes of use. Suddenly it stops working and I get the Windows 7 "Not responding" message at the top left of the window.

I am syncing with my phone using the Due Today server, if that makes any difference.

#2 halfbeing

halfbeing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:48 AM

Just to be clear, these are freezes require killing the application. I have tried in vain waiting several minutes for freezes to resolve themselves.

And, scratch what I said about the freezes happening every 20 minutes. Every 2 minutes would be more accurate. They can happen whether I am clicking on a project or whether I am editing a task.

One other piece of information in case it is relevant: Originally I was syncing to Toodledo. I think I did this on both my phone and my computer. Now I have set them both up to sync with Due Today.

#3 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

I've found the cause of the freezes. In the last update I had added some locks in an attempt to fix some crashes that occurred during the background sync. However, those locks didn't help and have caused the freezing. The main cause was the fact that I used the same memory for rendering the task list and for synchronizing the tasks, projects, etc. I've spent the last two weeks ripping all of that code apart and rewriting it. The result, so far, is that the program seems much more stable and a little faster in some areas. So, I will be releasing an update in the next couple of days after I finish running some regression and stability tests on it. If anyone wants to run a test version for me, please let me know. I would be grateful to have a few extra testers on hand.

#4 halfbeing

halfbeing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for the hard work you've been putting into this! I installed the new version a day or two ago. It should be said that since I originally posted I have moved from Windows to Linux and am trying to use DueToday via Wine, so there is obviously limited usefulness to the information I can give give you from now on. That said, I am experiencing exactly the same problem as before. It seemed OK for a while, but now I'm getting freezes every two or three operations. The error that Wine gives me is "err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection", which is apparently fairly generic and might or might not indicate trying to access locked memory.

I hope that what is happening for me is a problem you can fix. I keep yoyo-ing back and forth between DueToday and Toodledo's horrible sprawling web interface and I'm not getting much organising done :( Your Android app is great btw.

#5 DawMatt

DawMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:43 PM

Hi Chris,

If anyone wants to run a test version for me, please let me know. I would be grateful to have a few extra testers on hand.

I'd be happy to run the test version if you could reset my trial period please. As mentioned previously (in forums and via support email) I lost at least half of my trial due to a bug and need to test the program before I will get a licence.. 

Matt

#6 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 03:34 AM

Econ134BettBettKoboMelaColdMcGiEricDaviJeweDISCMickWindLinuSALOBlacCONSWindLEGOLawrHaroCompEmerXVII
OmegAnkaClosAhavAloeArchHughPantKrokUnliJeweVirgBrauGotaSpicTaftXVIIAnnaPeteAmorKamiSplaminuWindVulp
KingDizzJoepKoffInteKathgradDaviBonuBrigMetaMissJaanLuxoNikiElsyPianCarrShriUnreDolcJameJubiHeikColl
ErneNeveGustWindDaphQuakTravArtsArtsGrahMetrhomoArtsJameIndeReebArtstapaFrantapaZoneERINGrifDonaXVII
CharMarkOscaMargGileFredOlymZORLWindNokiMasaPeteSupeFoolAbouStuaDieuPontSlyGConvBasiLiebBoscDandBarb
MechOlmedesiJeweFashBonuMisaStanDisnSonyMPEGNYASBlueValiTangEditHannBlueEverWindDreaWindSilwConnBrau
KenwHurrCrysWinddocuVIIIRichKrupBOTHRobeMagaXVIITalcXVIITituXVIIAdmiHonoAcadmailJameVivaOlegBogdCath
MacrPrelZiggWithJohnQuarAnnaRogeSponAlicWillFranURSSMontRoadSafeBullMaryDougDireJAZZRaouRobeMichHoly
DisnBookAutoDATSSeanSlyGSlyGSlyGLefeSnowPeteseveRebeeasyJonaDolbSimoToreYestPorgtuchkasWindAstr

#7 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 02:57 AM

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiametergeartreatinggeneralizedanalysis
generalprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephonehangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasiron
hardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterialjournallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidisease
keepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestatekondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpoint
lactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratiolanguagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirm
learningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3listsnameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoon
obstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberrypapercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimator
railwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignmentrectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblock
secularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysalestunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

#8 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 06:42 AM

Econ

#9 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members