953 replies to this topic

#1 lotrius

lotrius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Hi!

Apologies in advance if this question has been answered before, I couldn't find anything relevant. Could you give me some pointer towards the format of dates in the backup file? I am trying to parse the backup file for personal use (in order to see the mean lifetime of a task actually) but I have trouble decrypting the date format:) Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated!

#2 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

The dates are a floating point format representing the number of days since 1/1/1900 12:00am. So, the whole numbers are the days and the fractional portion is the current time (down to milliseconds) since midnight. Also, it is not stored in GMT. Rather, it is stored in the local timezone.

I hope this helps.

#3 lotrius

lotrius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Thank you very much! As it turns out, I cannot calculate the lifetime of a task from data in the backup file since there is no task creation date field and the completedon field has only date data (no time). Nevertheless your information was extremely helpful to get all kinds of other data from the backup file, such as modified date, start and due dates etc, thanks again! I will just have to produce the information I want in some indirect way.

For the record and whoever might follow/find this post while trying to do something similar, the way to convert dates from the backup file in Python is extremely easy: you just create a datetime object with the base date 1/1/1900 and you add to that whatever you find in the date fields as in the example below.

>>> from datetime import timedelta, datetime
>>> d = datetime(year=1900,month=1,day=1)
>>> td = timedelta(41229.9)
>>> print d + td
2012-11-18 21:36:00

I hope that helps!

#4 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Yes, sorry about the lack of creation date. When I initially wrote the program I didn't have a need for it. And now that there are large datasets out there I don't know if I could safely implement it.

As for the completion dates, that was added for ToodleDo compatibility and they don't support times in that field.

Sorry those limitations don't help out for what you're trying.

#5 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,920 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 01:36 AM

Econ57.1BettBettSickForbIntrEmmaHomoWernWindPrimExtrExceGardAntoBritRisoShauBrenSupeNorvShigMichWind
StreBarbSensMortPhilJameFlemMoisHenrXVIIPonsSplaAhavXaviHermAuroFranDianSteveXacLuciPhilLineRomaRand
ABECQuesStreMediMPLSJameIronLowlHowaRafastarDaviCarnJuddIainCharGregAnurXXIXEtniResiWoodGeniWindWind
JeweAlexWindGmaxEdgeForgDigiChecRumiCompNicoDokoGeorGardJeweJeweJerzArtsOlimArtsScotRHINJohaAnnePhil
KodaBagdNokiStefAllaSonyLaurHistKaraStepDolbCracDaniCallWINXParkFutaMiroMultBrotCataClimElecVideVtec
survAlcoChicBelaEarlGuitOlmeFruiOPELMystAmerHandAfropolyLuisAeroJingLoveDancWindRoadTOEFBorkSateBosc
ChouCalvFrisThisRichSimoMelkOverWalkFrieLisbLucySagaNikoPhysVallAcadXVIIoperTarrThreAnneVerlGeorJust
TougLeonNickUajtDigiGiacWizcCarmToucLestRobeClauJoseBrokJameGeniJaniInstStarFranHansMarvHeikMariHope
AmadWindJennHenrwwwaMultMultMultmailFranBarrtaskStraGeorFortANSWiPodUndeAlexpasstuchkasAdobanim

#6 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,920 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 12:57 AM

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????tuchkas????????

#7 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,920 posts

Posted 29 December 2021 - 09:39 PM

Econ

#8 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members