1207 replies to this topic

#1 Dmitriy Dotsenko

Dmitriy Dotsenko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:49 PM

I'm using Due Today 2.1.13.689 on Android

I wonder how to create regenerating tasks.

Scenario: I should take interest from a bank deposit every 32 days.

In this case I should be able to create a regenerating task. So, if due date is on Sep 1 and I complete the task on Sep 3, the task should be regenerated in 32 days after the date of completion, i.e. Sep 3 + 32 days. Instead, it regenerates 32 days after the due date (Sep 1 + 32 days).

I also do not understand the arrangement of Set Repeat dialog. After I set a due date and then open Set Repeat dialog I must (for unclear reason) check Repeat. Is this item really necessary, maybe this checkbox can be removed? Then, after setting the interval of repetition, I must check When Completed. What does this checkbox mean? I haven't noticed any difference, whether I've checked it or not. Maybe it should be renamed to be more clear?

Maybe radio buttons should be added after the place for setting repetition interval: (1) Based on due date; (2) Based on completion date?

It is also not clear for me how to delete all instances of a repeating task (current one and any future ones). If I hold a repeating task and then click Delete, the current instance of the task is deleted but it is recreated in a set interval again. I think clicking the button Delete should delete all instances of the task.

A possible bug:

If a task should be regenerated x days after completion, it sometimes regenerates even if it was not completed resulting in duplicated or even triplicated tasks with various due dates. Maybe it happens when the user changes tags of this task.

#2 Dmitriy Dotsenko

Dmitriy Dotsenko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:18 AM

Not working regenerating tasks (not working checkbox When Completed) is a bug of version 2.1.13.

It works fine in 2.1.5.

For some reason it is impossible to restore tasks backed up in 2.1.13 in versions 2.1.12, 2.1.11, 2.1.10. Version 2.1.5 restores tasks from 2.1.13 fine.

#3 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:57 PM

I'm very sorry about not replying sooner.

To set up a repeating task that repeats 32 days from the date that you completed set it up with the Basic setting, 32 days with the "when completed" option checked. That last check box is the key. If it's not checked then it will repeat from the due date of the task rather than the completion day.

As for the layout of the repeat dialog, the checkbox is only necessary so that you can turn the repeating off if you change your mind. If I defaulted it to checked then people would probably think that all tasks were automatically repeating when they're not. I'm in the middle of a redesign of the software (that's the main reason I've been absent here, though unintentionally) so I'll try to rearrange it to be more intuitive. I think I might use one of the toggle style elements, similar to what you see in Google's calendar app.

Deleting a repeating task should just be as simple as deleting the most recent instance of it. However, it's possible that it's stuck on the server somewhere. Are you using the ToodleDo server or Due Today server? In each case the repeated task is created off of the last instance of the task, but I have a lot more control over the Due Today sync server so if it's stuck there I can modify the code to make sure it's removed permanently.

As for the repeated task being regenerated bug, I'm hoping that's fixed. I found a problem on the server that caused that (it was occurring when the task was not set to repeat upon completion) and I corrected that. But, if you're still seeing it then I'll need to do some more work.

Finally, as for the import bug, could you please send me a copy of the backup file that's not importing? I haven't changed that code in a long time so it should work, but obviously something is wrong so if I could get a sample file that doesn't work that will help me track down the issue.

Again, I'm sorry about not replying sooner.

#4 Dmitriy Dotsenko

Dmitriy Dotsenko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:27 PM

Version 2.1.14 has the same bug as version 2.1.13:

If I create a task that repeats every one day after it is completed, it is repeated every one day after due date

So, if I do not complete a task for several days and then complete it, it is regenerated not for tomorrow but for a day in the past

#5 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,920 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 05:27 AM

Gree175.3PERFPERFPoulDepeWindOttoFernColeWintJuanCUTIJeweThomOrieLouiWINXRobeElseAndrJuliShinSifrTram
AtlaRondWindVenuAutrHaverieuKodaGreeOrlaClubSupeiSeeKissDolcBrowPureExfoDolbCleaKnolGarnThatOrogworm
AlbeSamsWindLaMiPateviscSilvHellClauXVIIBonuCambWithshinRoxyNikiRoxyAlleSlimAndeAngeXVIIMagiSylvEmma
HonoDougLighKingPierWindFIFANasoSwarZoneZonelineArtsZonearilPassArtsRobaXVIISwarFuxiXVIIAyakDigiGilb
GaryIsabJetFHereMakeAnthPandWindIrisJeffMarvArmySideAntoEverDonaXVIIRobKFlasMarsMichHitaSamsOncePrag
ArthParaPETEWhenABBYBestSCOTSauvStepSonyJeweJulyStphMiniPrinBeadXVIILiPoLambArcoLookThatLEGOMoleBork
ZelmKnocDarlwwwnKnowWindLeonAllielecFirsPromRockMobiHansMartLeipLionXVIIHonoXVIIWindExpePeteBattEver
FranBonuAnupChapMichWorlJeanAFAAElecWendTownEmmaBusiPennGermHappMattBrenRecoSympFounNortSonaMusiRamo
ElviWindRoguStanTurbFlasFlasFlastridVariMoniRobeMichLynyThisAllaGoldHandDougCometuchkasLaurHell

#6 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,920 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 04:51 AM

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????tuchkas????????

#7 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,920 posts

Posted 30 January 2022 - 02:50 PM

Escu

#8 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members