A few comments on version 2.0.1
Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:20 AM
Although some program bugs was fixed, there are some new features that makes the usage of the latest version of the program for me less comfortable than its previous version:
1) the report about total amount of tasks for today in the widget has been deleted; this report was quite handy and helped to know how many tasks "to do" left for today,
2) the button which switches program to a main screen was moved from the bottom to the top of the screen; that reduce useful area of the smartphone's screen and makes returning to the main screen less comfortable, especially using one hand,
3) sub-menus of "settings" menu spontaneously changes background color from black to white, while font color stays black; that makes text inside unreadable,
4) while many buttons has become larger, the calendar, appearing in the "due date" menu has become smaller than in previous version; never before I haven't had so much "wrong taps" on the date as with this calendar.
My phone model is Huawei U8860 Honor, android version is 2.3.6.
Hope you'll consider the possibility of improving this features in latest version of the program.
Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:10 AM
2) This is due to me following Google's new Android developer guidelines.They have been pushing developers to follow these guidelines in order to provide some platform consistency. On Honeycomb and later devices this home button in the upper-left is automatic when using an action bar. As I was trying to provide the same UI on all versions of Android, I followed their guidelines and recreated the action bar on pre-Honeycomb devices Plus, this gives easier access to the pinned projects as they are now available by tapping the title.
I'll admit that I've had a few complaints about this, but overall it's been highly received as there are many, many people who have been requesting that I follow those guidelines as closely as possible. But, as always, if there's enough interest, I will rethink that part of the design.
3) This will be fixed. There are some weird oddities if I manually set the theme of the preference page. So, I've removed that code, allowing it to work as it did before.
4) I'll increase the size of the target areas for the dates. Sorry about that.
Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:21 AM
Hope the interest of other users about question #2 will be enough for changing that part of design
Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:52 PM
- Google Nexus 4 (JB)
- Sony Xperia Z (JB)
- Asus Transformer Infinity (JB)
- Apple Iphone 4S (IOS)
- HTC Sensation (JB)
- HTC HD 2 (JB)
- Sony Xperia X1 (JB)
- HTC Diamond (Windows Mobile)
- HP HX 4700 (Windows Mobile)
- Nokia N 91 (Symbian)
- Nokia 3650 (Symbian)
- Nokia 7110 (Symbian)
- Nokia 6110 (Symbian)
- Sony ? (?)
Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:03 PM
You mix the ideas of unity of designs for different applications and ergonomic for this specific program (DT) and its specific purposes. If you need to use 2 hands, doing the same thing which you use to do with a single hand (e.g. editing of task, saving it and returning to main program screen) because they are in the opposite edges of the screen - then its a feature that makes program less convenient and user friendly. IMO, guideline shouldn't be more important than usability.
I personaly like it when developers follow the guidelines for some devices. It makes everything fit in. But I understand that you aren't yet used to it due to having an "older" version of android. Sorry to dissapoint you :-/
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users