#1 Peter Bulthuis

Peter Bulthuis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

When I set a start date in the future, the task stays visible in the list of the context which it is attached to. But I would like that this task is not visible in that list, until the start date is now or earlier.

Or can I do this with some filtering?

Peter

#2 Peter Bulthuis

Peter Bulthuis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Oh, this is the feature request for Wisbar, not for Due Today... Where can I post feature requests for Due Today? :rolleyes:

#3 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

I'll move this topic to the Due Today Android forum. But, I do have this on my list of things to do already. :)

#4 Dmitriy Dotsenko

Dmitriy Dotsenko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

I also need a possibility to hide future tasks. Pocket Informant for Android has such feature.

#5 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

This is coming in tonight's build. It's already implemented in the Windows client (you can specify how far out you want to see future tasks so that you can still see upcoming tasks). That option will be coming over just as it exists in the Windows version.

#6 Dmitriy Dotsenko

Dmitriy Dotsenko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Does v2.0.12.165 for Android released on 25 Jan 2013 support hiding future tasks? I did not find information about this in "What's new" section on Google Play.

#7 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

No. I had to release that before I finished the feature due to a sync bug that needed to be fixed. I'll have the hidden tasks feature finished today. I'm just trying to decide if I want to apply it on a task-by-task basis or on a project basis. So far I've had a single vote for controlling it at the project level. I don't know if I want to add the option to each task individual task or if maybe it should be a global option (which it is in the Windows client).

#8 Peter Bulthuis

Peter Bulthuis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

I would like to have it on context level. When I'm in i.e. context @Office, I only want to see the tasks that have no startdate or a startdate that starts today or earlier. When I'm in a project, I want to see all tasks that are not checked as done. Also the tasks with a startdate later than today. So I can manage the project and his tasks.

#9 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

So, it's sounding to me like it shouldn't be a global option. Rather it should be on a project/context/teammate/tag level. I much prefer that to what one person requested (add it to each task).

So, here's how I'll do it: I'll give you a configuration option on each project/context/teammate/tag to show tasks a certain amount of time before they start. And, for tasks that lack a start date it will use the due date. The main views (Inbox, Today, This Week, Next, Future, Someday, Starred and Waiting) I'll leave alone as most of those already filter out future tasks (except the future view). Though perhaps Starred, Future and Someday could use a similar setting. I'll give that one some thought.

#10 Dmitriy Dotsenko

Dmitriy Dotsenko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

I think hiding future tasks should be a global option as it was implemented in the most popular tasks organizer for Windows Mobile - Webis Pocket Informant and as it is now implemented in Pocket Informant for Android. If this option is checked, the program should hide tasks which have start date and/or due date tomorrow or later.

In Pocket Informant for Windows Mobile, which was the absolute leader for that operating system, there were global filters: Task filtering > All dates; In progress; Future...; Start/end today; Start/end today/tomorrow; Overdue; Undated; Completed.

I usually use the filter Start/end today which displays all tasks except completed tasks, deleted tasks and future tasks.

#11 Dmitriy Dotsenko

Dmitriy Dotsenko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Global filters can be as follows: Active (includes overdue, due today, undated), All dates (includes overdue, due today, undated, future), Future, Overdue, Undated, Completed, Deleted.

#12 yooyo

yooyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

In Pocket Informant for Windows Mobile, which was the absolute leader for that operating system, there were global filters: Task filtering > All dates; In progress

#13 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

I just uploaded a new version to the Play Store moments ago with this feature. To find it, go to Menu > Settings > Layout. It's the last option on the list.

#14 Peter Bulthuis

Peter Bulthuis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Thanks Chris!

It works.

But  :P it would be nice if you can choose to disable this feature in projects view. Future tasks should not be visible in a context, like @Office. But, to review all the tasks in a project, they have to be all visible. Even the future ones. In that way, you can find them back. Even when they're futured hide. ;-)

#15 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

This was just a first step. I will be making an override for each of the projects, contexts, tags and team members. I just needed to first, get the option working and second, start considering whether or not this should be synced to each device (and work on the backend, if necessary).

#16 Peter Bulthuis

Peter Bulthuis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

This new feature has a strange behaviour in the Today view. I have 4 tasks in it, and these are all overdue. All 4 tasks don't have a startdate. Only a duedate. 

When I check hide all future tasks, only one task stays visible. The other 3 are gone. (not visible).

I checked the one that stays visible. This one has a duedate that's longer than a week ago. The other three are overdue shorter than a week from today.

Further, when I tap the < button in the day picker one time, it goes to December instead of January. This behaviour doesn't appear with the month forward button.

#17 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

That's definitely weird. What are the due dates on the missing tasks? I'm going to see if I can duplicate it.

Edit: Nevermind. I was able to duplicate it. I'll get this fixed.

#18 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

Also, at the moment I'm not able to duplicate the date picker issue. Can you recreate it consistently?

#19 Peter Bulthuis

Peter Bulthuis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

Also, at the moment I'm not able to duplicate the date picker issue. Can you recreate it consistently?

No. It appears when I want to change i.e. a due date. When the due date is January 31, 2013 and the today date is February 11, 2013. The calendar gives February in the month view. After tapping the month back button, I want to go to January, but it goes to December. The same happens when the due date is March 2, 2013 and the calendar gives February as month view (because today is February.) Pushing the month forward button brings me to April instead of March.

#20 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 03:43 AM

Econ136.8BettBettCharDigiCharGordJohnRayeWindFresChamHardJohnOlymDeepSlowStayAndyLoisDonaHERDClasMarc
OmegAppeNiveAloeHealHenrBrenVinoRudoInneViolReacCreoPhilNiveIronzullJozeDIMIBrucJardSplaNikoKoenPark
VoltJennEvilELEGblacGilbtortMikaSujoAcidWaltIntiRomagradRoxyElsyAlleLondTranRainOZONXVIICosmJameJeth
ArisHAWXFranWindCarlRaceFunnArtsArtsIngoDaviFairArtsAndrBegiPandArtsdiamAlleLapiGlamCharFedeFromAndr
AlisPrymMusiLEGOTomaPricSonyRockCallNokiNokiGigaSpriIsaaChapPedrRaamwkieFlasTheoeditLiebMIELXVIIDoni
LookChicDownLibeMichSandFlipTexaAutoSonyFachAmerFunkFlatNDFEEditSoutProjXaviMicrMediVideProfLEGOPana
PhilReleSturWindStooPoweHushSideWickVIIIWalkGoodFerdXVIIJordStepRobiHonoJordHazeSympSiegLoliMarkLebe
RollWannSaveVoicDaniXVIIClauMichMarvSiegJoseDianAldoChroAnotTranAssaPartPopSPixiDaviBANDArcaKlauAfte
RichWhitNeroTwilMicrFlasFlasFlasMicrMafiKeitThaiDireGitaSaidSympAndrFranCyntFairtuchkasMicrPubb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users