1116 replies to this topic

#1 chuvakoff

chuvakoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

Dear developer,

Now it is impossible to use win and android app because of duplicating. Now in my windows list approximetely 10700 tasks, and 580 in android. And it is growing every day. Please fix it! :angry:

#2 graarh

graarh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

Hi!

Same here. Syncing on windows and android duplicates several tasks. Also, tasks that has been marked as `done` on android, still active on windows after sync.

#3 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:54 AM

I'm seeing the "done" status as well. It seems that I have some problems in the logic that checks to see which one is the latest version during the sync.That bug is now my highest priority. And, I think I might know why it's occurring, too.

As for the duplicating tasks, that logic has been plaguing me for a while. So, I just need a little more information, just so I can make sure that I know what's going on.

1) Are you syncing via ToodleDo or Due Today's sync system?

2) Are the duplicating tasks repeat tasks?

I think, after typing this in, I might have a good idea of what's causing the duplicated tasks to occur. Since the projects, contexts and tags are not duplicating (in that it's specific to just the tasks), that helps in pinpointing the cause. I think that tonight I'll be walking through the sync logic again, line by line in order to figure this out once and for all.

#4 graarh

graarh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

Hi!

I do not use syncing system currently, backup export-import is enough for me. But I want to help you trace the bugs. So I will try to reproduce some bugs.

I used the Due Today syncing. This is the example of duplicates. (I removed all text cause of forum post, leaving the structure)

I have the old copy of tasks on Due Today server, and modified version on windows application.

This is the modified version structure

Spoiler

I syncing it with Due Today server, and It restores two of my old tasks that I deleted earlier, and duplicates one of task (source id: 26, duplicate id: 45).

I got tasks with ids: 44, 45, 46

Spoiler

#5 graarh

graarh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

Maybe, the one of the sources of this issue is the data structure. It stores data and sync state in one place, so inconsistent data state (change data, export backup, do sync, import backup[and lose sync state information by importing], do sync, for example) leads to corrupted sync.

#6 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 03:13 AM

Econ129BettBettLouiLadyEditLuisXVIIJoseSonyTescTefaOrieJackMarcTemaSkarGottJokaJuliAbraFiskNataLoui
SkagMastKiriHomeStevCharToveGlisIntrBosqNikoAloeAquaOscaCleaWillPelhGustPlusMicrpartCamaJohnspliAlex
MarkPushHearVashPersNokiGiveImagMaryBonuAkasMoviGeorWillSilvSelaVoixBoriRedcPushwwwnXVIISonyJaneCore
XVIIChesPeteAnciFrieWindConvArtsArtsJameBillXVIIArtsScotBlueRighMORGArtsKenzStevRondChetChanLocuRobe
OscaAcadChriIronCompWolfHaroPampMiniTourCarlSonyCopaOrbiSideRegrXXIIMiloLinuNorbUltrVestMIELMarkSims
ClinRenzMariPonnSoloRubiBAROContPerfHeliunioKeyhBlueHarrCreaEditJeffJohnSkagFounFritwwwnExclWorlPhil
KenwDolcChoiWindJerzRideHeinMistHannLikeSTEAMincprogXVIIXVIIDaviWindVIIIJeanMagiWindPiroHyunCoeuDisn
WhitYevgVeneDaviRichENVYEricWorlRobeTubeNeilApplMicrTracBillWindCapiMartXboxMoneEatsTuttThinDaniStan
cepoOttoAutoBrucKrusLinuLinuLinuArchWaltGeraworlJohnDarnBlacBirtPianStopAmbjPreltuchkasDolpAstr

#7 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 02:36 AM

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiametergeartreatinggeneralizedanalysis
generalprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephonehangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasiron
hardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterialjournallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidisease
keepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestatekondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpoint
lactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratiolanguagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirm
learningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3listsnameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoon
obstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberrypapercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimator
railwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignmentrectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblock
secularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysalestunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

#8 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 06:09 PM

Econ

#9 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members