Photo

Tried DT sync, sadly doesn't work properly...

• Please log in to reply
713 replies to this topic

#1 Wizzu

Wizzu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBelgium & Switzerland

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

Well we've been warned that it's in beta, of course.
So I backed up my data before each try, and very glad I did!
  • First try, invasion of duplicated tasks
  • Second try and on, duplicated contexts and tags, with a new duplicate with each sync. Ended up with about 75 contexts and 308 tags after 5 syncs... :lol:
  • Random java errors (reported via the software)
  • Random errors like "folder #XXXXX doesn't exist" (XXXX= a number)
Created a new profile and tried again, same story. :(

You have NO idea how much I crave a functional sync with DT.

DT is the only android software which implements GTD in a way I can work with, but the absence of sync between a desktop frontend and the android one is terribly frustrating... Google tasks, Any.do, My Life Organized, Doit.im, all offer this convenience. The thing is, none of these implements GTD the way YOU do, which I find vastly superior.

I for one, am willing to pay extra for a fully functional sync between the Windows DT and the Android DT... B)

#2 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

How long ago did the context duplication occur? I made a change to the server over the weekend to fix that as I did find a very obvious error that was causing it. I'll check the tag sync right now to see if there's a similar error in the server cxode.

As for the Java error, I'm tracking that down right now. I may ask your permission to sync with your account, just to duplicate it in the debugger.

With the duplicate tasks, you're the first to report it. However, if the contexts are duplicating then that could actually cause the duplicate tasks (one of the things Due Today checks when scanning for duplicate tasks is duplicate contexts).

So, first thing, PM or email me your Due Today sync account(s). I'll wipe the data on the server. Then, if it's ok with you, I would like to test the sync with your account and data on my end (I promise not to look at the actual content, just the synchronization data). That should give me a baseline of where I need to fix the problems. And, the sooner the better as I'm getting ready to post a new update to the client today. But, if I can take care of it on the server, that would be great, too.

#3 Wizzu

Wizzu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

OK, I have no problem at all with you using my account for testing, there's nothing confidential in my lists anyway (another way to put it is that I have nothing to hide :lol:) and I'm certainly willing to help debugging the sync feature!

I'll PM you in a moment with my account details.

> How long ago did the context duplication occur?

(Contexts and tags) last time was about 20 hours ago.

I just tested again with a newly created profile, no more duplicated contexts/tags B) but the java error happens everytime so there's room for uncertainty as to what really happens.

#4 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Thank you. I'll start the testing in about two hours (I'm not in a position to test right now). As for the Java error, that's in the app and is part of what I'm trying to track down.

#5 Wizzu

Wizzu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Thank you.

You're most welcome. :)

I'll start the testing in about two hours

I'll be sleeping. It's 0:11 here... ;)

#6 Wizzu

Wizzu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

Hello again, :)

Tried syncing just a minute ago (with my account #3).
  • Java error still happening: "StringIndexOutOfBoundsException on step Updating parent task"
  • Duplicated tags (1x duplicate)
  • Duplicated Team members (3x duplicate)
  • Messed up project hierarchy (many child projects end up as root projects) :wacko: :blink:
  • Many duplicated projects (1x duplicate) but not all of them.
    I guess the java error stops the sync before all folders have been processed.
Restoring my backup data now, I'll wait for your input / next move before trying synchronization again B)

#7 Wizzu

Wizzu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

Duplicated Team members (3x duplicate)

Strangely, the duplicated team members are still there after a restore of my backup data...

#8 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

That's because they were duplicated on the server. I'm cleaning up your data right now.

#9 Wizzu

Wizzu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

That's because they were duplicated on the server.

Er... not sure that's relevant: I backed up my my data before the sync tests, then restored the data after the tests. Oh, well, doesn't really matter.

BTW The data currently on my phone is 100% "clear" so there's no need to cleanup my data on the server, unless you're doing it for your own reasons, or unless you mean "wiping out" the data so I can make a fresh start.

Thanks for the work! :)

#10 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 02:26 AM

Econ94.1BettBettArthDonnSearXVIIWCNoAdriMetaCrislassSporFlamEverBrotKenyCapuBonuLarrGentPremHervFend
MoraGeorKholSchuiresRudyDaniCamaErnsVousLiliClinNiveEmilMipaKarlJameJeanLopeFranDomaGezaLiliWillStou
AgatOverMajeSelaLuxoDoriWindJameXVIIPHAZPonsKeigJohnAgatMarcXVIIJohnBoriCafeGoldWindGeorwwwlWindSile
ArseFlasYorkTherTotaKungElasUndeHeinClauAgatmailKarlKrayHighWorlPhilSwarCrazFuxitapaMiyoAlbeGeorLili
JeweHaloDeveNewbCrisConnEpsoBeacBrotFruhDaviFranPrinStanBonuHateBariAnnoSUPEDAXXglobSamsKFMNFirsPurg
AlicVoluNeriWantCodeBestGiglPierDrivMystVHDLPediCoolValiHellTessHautBlueLiPoBlakBridWindSateBagaConn
ChouTokyBirdTranReadMicrEricRoyaMornEmilLaFeJeweEaglLeonXVIITaleHansEmilJackThisJackSwanClarSantAlex
RondBIOSViktXVIIClemDaniMeetAlriKateCeleStarEdwaMichLostMicrFyodSponGlobGoldDaniRudyGregChriLawrNels
MarcJohnBookFutuTangSUPESUPESUPEAutoAlleNevePacoEvanLoveErnePretRiccDancBoroWindtuchkasBlueDmit

#11 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 01:47 AM

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiametergeartreatinggeneralizedanalysis
generalprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephonehangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasiron
hardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterialjournallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidisease
keepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestatekondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpoint
lactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratiolanguagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirm
learningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3listsnameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoon
obstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberrypapercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimator
railwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignmentrectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblock
secularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysalestunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

#12 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 12:02 PM

Econ

#13 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members