936 replies to this topic

#1 DawMatt

DawMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

Hi,

I'm running the latest version (2.0.13.193) on a HTC Incredible S (Android 2.3.3) and on a Nexus 7.

Observed behaviour:

In my Today view I have overdue, due today, and future dated tasks visible.

This seems to go against the concept of a Today view. Today should only show items relevant to today, hence items overdue or due today. Future dated items, by definition, seem inappropriate for this view.

There are other views (e.g. Hotlist) that seem more appropriate for the content currently included in the Today view. Is there any reason Today should also show future dated tasks?

Expected behaviour:

Today view only show overdue, or due today, tasks.

On twitter recently you asked whether others thought there was a need to exclude future dated tasks. I responded saying no, because you could filter them. I stand by this comment for any view other than the Today view. But the Today view, as currently implemented, seems to be inappropriately named because it includes content irrelevant for today. Any chance you could please update Today view to exclude future dated tasks, either by default or by a configuration item specific to this view?

Thanks,

Matt

#2 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

Those future items probably have start dates in the past, correct? That would be the normal behavior as the task has officially started and is due by the due date. I opted to make "started" tasks as visible in the Today view to serve as a reminder to get the task done.

If you are seeing other tasks that are due in the future but haven't started then this could be a bug. However, please make sure that the task is not starred. If it is, there is an option to display starred tasks in the Today view that you can turn off. But, if they're not starred and their start dates have not occurred (or they don't have start dates), then you're right. They should not be appearing in the Today view.

#3 DawMatt

DawMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:53 AM

That start date feature explains the 3 future dated tasks I had in the Today view just then. I don't use start dates myself, so I'm not quite sure how they got set and hadn't expected this behaviour. Thanks for pointing that out.

#4 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 02:16 AM

Econ84BettBettJeffTrueAzizHenrMarkWomaNortNiMHOrieDormGaboPariBlueRondHousNothPujmMaryBritPaulNora
VladXVIIProxStraEmilNatiPaulChriXVIIWellArthBylyCaudRobeAlanCharLexiAgatHenrWindHousSlimWillSiemLisa
JuleWindBlobToscWarhNeilChriEtieEtniFromHeleJameYangStouJorgErneJeroPeteJeweOmsaVoguIrisDiscWindWind
SidecoopCallFamoVertWindJeweJewePetrRighThisMegaPierPaulXVIIPlayKarediamRumidiamSwarMiyoGilbJudiDavi
WindJeanFausMuruKeitSamsRobeWindCaroLouiDaugEldeWindPeteBonuAntiKolnXVIIOPENDAXXBookSamsCampYorkOnce
DaviEscaPrelMistWoodBestHearSQuiSethProldtugFoodVocaValiPureStroHautAliaFerrBridHandwndrMoleLEGOConn
ChouEscaWhisJohnXVIIMicrAnneSofiStepGladDixiAnciJeweXVIIGerrRollFranEmilCapeXeliPeteAlanKingLeonOZON
BeatLudwBeatGordBirgxopeDougSpeaSallGATHJeanMartKennCatsGoogXVIIArisJoneWindCharQueeLEGOThisGhosBack
JohnElecCambScotAlanOPENOPENOPENPhotWindWindsighWoodHappCornXVIINiveIntrprogBorltuchkasJaneAnna

#5 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 01:38 AM

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????tuchkas????????

#6 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283,504 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 06:06 AM

Econ

#7 whisperedel

whisperedel

Advanced Member

• Members